A simple definition of sustainability is - providing for the best for people and the environment both now and in the future.
This is more than just recycling...
- We need to think about the way we travel - using the car less to reduce pollution.
- Saving energy at home by switching off electrical items when they aren't needed.
- Making sure that wildlife including animals, sea life, insects and plants are kept safe from dangers like litter.
- Conserving water by turning the tap off when we brush our teeth, or taking a shower instead of a bath.
- Living a healthy life by eating well, exercising and recognising good mental health
- Reducing waste by donating clothes or toys to others, shopping less and choosing items with less plastic.
- Keeping our world tidy by disposing of rubbish safely and not littering.
- Being good global citizens and understanding that we all have the same rights.
These are just some ways that we can become more sustainable. To learn more, please have a look at the 'How to be Eco-friendly' Powerpoint below from Twinkl and other links...