Applying for Reception September 2021
You can apply for your child to start reception if they were born between
1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017.
*Every child MUST apply for their Reception school place, if you are currently attending Henry Green Nursery then you DO NOT automatically get a place in Reception. The allocations are made by the local authority and the school does not have any choice in which children are offered a place in Reception.*
Information about applying will be online from 1st November 2020
You will be able to apply for your child’s school place from
November 1st 2020 – January 15th 2021, you can submit your application any time between these dates, you are not given any priority by applying on the first day. The borough will allocate first to children with siblings already at the school (year R-5), looked after children, those with EHC plans and then they prioritise by distance.
- Please make sure you make all 6 choices of schools on your application, putting only one choice will not mean that you get allocated a place at that school.
- Please apply online before the 15th January 2021, late applications are unlikely to get their first choice schools.
- Please do not try to apply online before November 1st 2020, up to date information will be published about all the LBBD schools and how to apply ON November 1st 2020.
- Please watch the video above to see if Henry Green is the right choice for your child, we hope it is and look forward to seeing many of our Nursery children continuing their school journey with us.
- Please ask if you need help before making your application!
If you have any questions about applying for your child's school place, please contact us below and someone will get back to you.